Healthcare is the big industry of the next decade. More specifically,
healthcare IT is where the action is at. The start-ups who can take advantag
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org of this inflection point (that is
happening right now), will benefit from early exits as the large players
will need to grow their portfolios quickly to maintain their competitive
We are an early-stage mobile health start-up - 3 people - with (1) a first
generation platform that is already in use by customers, (2) several
significant opportunities ahead & (3) patentable IP. In other words, mobile
+ SaaS + Big Data. We are looking for a VP of Engineering who can transition
into a full-time role post seed funding. The specifics are negotiable for
the right person, of course.
Before you proceed further, please read this because it's how we will think
If you still feel like you are up to the role, read on:
* Take an active role as part of the senior management team.
* Be the company's technology visionary & evangelist at all times - with
customers, partners, investors, media, Board.
* Lead the technical aspect of regulatory compliance (HIPAA, FDA, ISO xxxx
* Be a significant contributor in our patent filing process - a real plus if
you already have approved/filed patents.
* Hire, mentor & successfully lead a team of developers as necessary. You're
expected to code!! (every thing above assumes you're already technically
talented & can get something to market quickly without relying on others)
Location in the SF Bay area a must.
* Previous startup experience(s) a must.
* Has built machine learning engines - online ad network experience highly
* Healthcare industry experience a major asset.
* Has hired, successfully led & mentored technical teams of 5-10 developers.
* (optional but desirable) Experience in building geo-location &/or
BA/BS in CS a minimum, advanced degree or business degree a plus
Cash + stock (negotiable)
This must be something you do because you want to. If you are in a situation
where you will be counting your days to an exit every day, or if every
failure will bring your spirits down, this is not the role for you. If
you're looking for a lifestyle business, this isn't for you either.
Questions (must answer)
We don't want to waste anybody's time, but we need to know that you might be
a fit before starting a conversation. Please tell us:
1) Why is a start-up VP of Engineering role exciting to you? Why now?
2) How would people who know you well describe you?